Increase Direct traffic to your website where in people arrived at your site directly (by typing the url) or via a bookmark by:
– Enhancing the UX/UI, easy accessibility to target.
– Offline popularity of brand; PR; catalogues; retail presence
– The best prices available online should be available on your website. Other websites and services can very well provide the same prices as well, but you should not be at a competitive disadvantage on your own website.
– Give repeat discounts and freebies
Targetting conversion rate metrics
– One single thing that would sell a product online, it’s images. People want to see what they’re getting. The more the better. Show the products from different angles, in context, make them zoomable. Ecommerce site is made up of 60%-80% of product image which are heavy and the biggest challenge for businesses is to make all images easily accessible without slowing the page loading speed. Hence image optimization is bound to be important for online stores. With multi-device on the go consumption pattern of users, if there’s anything that will drive your customers away is the slow loading speed of the website. It impacts the SEO as well. Page load time is one of the top ranking factors considered by Google, that’s why websites with unoptimized images struggle enough to reach top search engine positions.
– Product Videos: Images are good, but everything indicates that video is the future. Photos have their limitations, video is the next step before actual touching and feeling.
– Great Product copy: Product descriptions matter. The role of product copy is to give buyers enough information, so they could convince themselves this is the right product for them. Add your personal touch and recommendations – tell the customer why you personally recommend this product and how it will help them.
– Upselling related products and the offer must be atleast 60% cheaper than the product user added to the cart.
– Charging for shipping is a conversion killer. High shipping costs were rated as the number one reason why consumers were not satisfied with their online shopping experience. In fact, shipping costs are the main reason why people prefer brick and mortar to online.
– Reduce cart abandonment rate by – competitive product pricing, free shipping, reduce form filling/registration data, Return policy, live chat to address buyer’s concerns, speed up your site. Follow up by email on the cart abandonment. Make sure the first follow-up email goes out ASAP. If they complete the purchase somewhere else, it’s over. If the purchase don’t take place, send one or two more followup emails (might include a coupon).
– Add Live chat to the website in order to improve conversions, especially when it comes to asking for feedback and boosting the direct transactions.
– Time based offers or Happy Hours generate footfalls during slow periods of the day generating more traffic and engagement.
– Offer Notify me option if the product is out of stock. This will help you update the customer whenever product comes in stock and also increase your database of customer information. Something very simple but highly effective.
– Social Media Engagement channels are the obvious torchbearers of offsite engagement. Use social platforms to: Share new collections, Inform about upcoming sales and offers & run marketing campaigns